Why Should You Use Hypnotherapy for Smoking Cessation?
Make Your Weight Loss Regimen Complete by Adding Hypnotherapy
Good and Bad Stress
Stress is a part of life. It depends more on you than on what has triggered it. Your perception of danger creates stress. An often overlooked fact is that it can be positive. It can help you harness your resources and face the perceived danger. According to many public speakers or show performers, being too calm often leads to a disappointing performance. Great achievements require a bit of nervousness.
More interestingly, the physiology of stress includes self-protection mechanisms. When stressed, we produce more oxytocin, the hug hormone. This molecule helps us bond with each other and pushes us to seek help.
Stress in small dosage makes you better at coping with situations. The same observation applies to our organs. Laser peels stress the skin which then starts producing more collagen. Exercise causes the breakage of small fibers in muscles. The body then proceeds to rebuild the fibers, leading to stronger and bigger muscles.
Managing Stress or Being Managed by Stress?
Long-term stress is the real enemy.
Chronic stress changes our physiology and increases the levels of cortisol in the body, causing inflammation. In other words, if you do not manage stress, it will manage you.
Hypnotherapy for stress relief can help you identify the causes of stress and change your perception of them. The benefits are emotional and physical: the inflammation can disappear and you can finally experience greater wellbeing.
- Approximately one-third of the world’s population wrestles with insomnia. Factors that contribute to insomnia (difficulty falling asleep, […]
The Symptoms of Stress
People will experience different cognitive, emotional, and physical stress symptoms. Because these symptoms could be caused by other medical conditions, you should first rule out any other potential medical cause with your doctor.
The physical symptoms include:
- Aches, pains and tense muscles
- Cold and sweaty hands
- Rapid heartbeat
- Clenched jaws and grinding teeth
- Bowels’ movements disorders (diarrhea, constipation, nausea, gastritis, ulcer…)
- Low energy
- Weak immune systems leading to infections and colds
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ear)
- Menstrual problem
- Skin and hair problems (acne, hair loss, trichotillomania)
- Our modern world is undeniably stressful. Each day brings unsettling news, worrisome events, or potential new disasters. […]
Behavioral symptoms comprise:
- Either too much or not enough appetite
- Eating disorders (including obesity)
- Depression, anxiety
- Cardiovascular disease (stroke, heart attacks, high blood pressure…)
- Sexual dysfunction (loss of sexual desire, impotence…)
- Nail biting, fidgeting
- Increased use of cigarettes, alcohol
Emotional and cognitive symptoms encompass:
- Racing thoughts
- Inability to focus,
- Excessive worry or pessimism
- Forgetfulness and excessive disorganization
- Moodiness, frustration or agitation
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Low self-esteem, loneliness, depression
You Can Seek Help with Hypnotherapy for Stress
Stress expresses itself through emotions, thoughts and physical sensations. You should treat stress as a messenger because it is telling you something about how you perceive the world. If you look at it this way, stress says much more about you than about the outside world. It is a gift that puts to the fore the filters you use about the world. These invisible scripts cause you to overlook positive facts and overemphasize the negative ones. When they become visible, you can then bring them closer to reality through hypnosis.
Speaking in public is far from a life-threatening event. Changing career can be stressful because you will have to learn new skills. Going through a divorce can free you. With the right amount of stress, you will harness all your energy, talents and skills to effect the change. How many times have you looked back at an event and wished you had not worried about it so much?
Hypnotherapy is safe and non-invasive. It helps you acquire self-regulation skills that you can help you thrive in your personal and professional lives.
If your loved one or a dear friend is overwhelmed with stress, you can discuss the benefits of hypnosis with them. Please contact Renewed Edge if you have any question about hypnotherapy, wellbeing and performance.