Get Rid of Social Anxiety with Hypnosis
For Which Type of Stress Should You Use Stress Relief Hypnosis
We see more clients coming for “quit smoking” hypnosis and they fit into two categories. Sadly the first category consists of people who are facing health issues: smoking has already created strain on organs like the heart or the lungs. They might suffer from cardiovascular diseases. The second category is growing and includes men and women who are rediscovering the joy of exercise. They are detoxing themselves and the cigarette, e-cigarette or cigar have morphed from a friend to a foe. Because of the growing awareness of the fast and long-lasting benefits of hypnosis, they come to us to help them make that change. A very welcome change.
Most people associate smoking with bad breath, gum disease, tooth decay, yellow hair and of course dirty lungs. The number one disease that comes to mind is lung cancer. As early as 1964, medical professionals confirmed that smoking caused lung cancer. The truth is that smoking contributes to many more diseases. Here are a few:
- Blindness: smoking doubles the risk of macular degeneration, leading cause of vision loss among people age 50 and older. The macula is a small spot at the back of the eye near the retina which is responsible for sharp central vision. While the degeneration of the macula does not lead to complete blindness, it will prevent you from doing any close work like reading, writing, cooking, driving….
- Type 2 Diabetes: one of the possible complications is poor blood flow to the legs and feet.
- Colorectal cancer: smoking is a risk factor for colon cancers.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: smoking is one of the reasons for the chronic inflammatory disease.
- Fertility issues for women: women who smoke can experience a reduction in fertility and are more likely to have babies with facial clefts.
- Erectile dysfunction for men: the narrowing of blood veins caused by smoking affects all parts of the body.
- Hip fracture: the loss of bone density caused by smoking increased the risk of fracture.
If the list has not convinced you that smoking is detrimental to your health, the infographic below from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) shows that smoking damages all body parts.
Despite the abundance of data and the accepted wisdom that smoking kills, there is no evidence that the number of smokers is abetting in some countries. E-cigarettes are enticing a much younger market segment. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), about 1 in every 3 cigarettes smoked in the world is smoked in China.
The good news is that “quit smoking” hypnotherapy can help you reverse smoking’s negative effects. Statistics shows that quit smoking cuts most risks within a one-to-ten-year period: cardiovascular risks drop sharply just after one year. The risk for a stroke reaches a non-smoker’s two to five years later. The risk for the cancer of the mouth, esophagus, and bladder drop by half within five years. The risk for lung cancer drops by half after ten years of smoking cessation.
In light of these numbers, why would you wait?
Hypnotherapy to give up smoking can help you break bad habits and free you from tobacco addiction. It enhances relaxation and helps you cope with cravings. Hypnosis is non-invasive, and can yield long-term benefits. It helps you increase your commitment to live a smoke-free life.
Studies have shown the efficacy of hypnosis for smoking. After a 3-session hypnosis treatment, 81% of the patients reported that they had stopped smoking and 48% were still non-smokers after 12 months. These percentages are all the more impressive as they refer to advantages gained through three hypnosis sessions only.
Contact us for more information on our quit smoking hypnosis program.