Hypnosis and hypnotherapy are used by a growing number of qualified individuals in the world. It is only natural that you may be considering booking a session with a hypnotherapist. What should you consider?
Check With Your Physician That There Are No Organic Causes to Your Challenge
Whether you are looking to get rid of excess weight, to manage pain or anything else that hypnosis can treat, you should consult with your physician or a specialist to rule out any body dysfunction. For instance, if you suffer from chronic pain, you must rule out with your physician any organic cause for your safety.
You should also be aware of the side-effects of any medication you use. For instance, if you are taking cortisone, you will gain weight because steroids affect your metabolism and increase your appetite. Steroids might also alter your ability to fall sleep and might affect your moods.
Hypnosis is a very powerful tool but it cannot counteract the negative side-effects of some drugs.
Check the Qualifications of Your Hypnotherapist
You should always enquire about your hypnotherapist’s credentials. Your hypnotherapist should be certified by a reputable and trustworthy association. At Renewed Edge, we receive referrals from doctors and psychologists. Our hypnotherapist has received the following degrees and certifications among others.
- Hypnosis practitioner & Hypnocoach Diploma (France)
- Hypnotherapist Certificate (US)
- Master Hypnotist Certificate (US)
- Certification from the National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH), the oldest and biggest hypnosis associations (US)
- NLP Certificate (as a licenced practitioner of neurolinguistics programming with Richard Bandler, one of the two founders of the NLP method)
- Hypnobirthing Certificate (from the Hypnobirthing Association)
- Hypnotherapy for Pain Management Certificate (US)
Our hypnotherapist is a member of:
- National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH – United States)
- Hong Kong Guild of Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists (Hong Kong)
- Hypnobirthing Association (United States)
The affiliation with hypnotherapy associations that require continuous training shows the dedication of the hypnotherapist to further her education and stay up to date with new trends.
Choose a Hypnotherapist That You Can Trust
Rapport makes all the difference between a therapist and a client. You should feel comfortable discussing challenges with her. The success of the program depends on a good rapport. Even when the therapist is knowledgeable, compassionate and the client is very motivated to get better, there are times when personalities do not fit.
In addition to rapport, you should also choose a therapist that speaks a language you are comfortable in. We use French and English in our practice.
You can also read the testimonials online as well as social media reviews. Just be aware of fake reviews aimed at self-promotion.
Continue Educating Yourself
When it comes to your wellbeing and personal growth, you should continue educating yourself.
Read on the following articles:
- Hypnosis is recognized by many medical and psychological associations
- The Myths and Misconceptions of Hypnosis
- What can Hypnosis Treat?
- The Benefits of Hypnosis for Children
- The Benefits of Hypnosis for Women
- The Benefits of Hypnosis for Men
We have many more articles aimed at delivering the latest news on hypnosis [here]. If you have more questions, feel free to contact us. We will be delighted to help.
I’ve Booked a Hypnotherapy Session. What Should I Do Next?
When you have chosen your hypnotherapist, you can start thinking about how you can make the most of your Hypnotherapy Session.
Renewed Edge, your Hypnotherapy Center in Hong Kong
Our goal is to help you achieve greater personal growth. We cater to business people, athletes, children and future mother-to-be.
Contact us now to enquire about how our hypnosis programs can help you.